Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||11th May 1970 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||6th May 1970|
|Next episode||13th May 1970|
Val advises Irma to take the shop on to pay Dave Smith the money back. Annie plans Lucille's twenty-first birthday. Irma isn't sure if she wants to take the shop on but Maggie tells her that she's already sent the money to Gordon. Irma agrees join her at the shop. Sandra has a slanging match with Audrey. Bernard hits Ray in the Rovers and knocks him to the ground. Audrey resigns from the yard. Emily is annoyed when Annie calls Ernie an amateur pianist and refuses his services when Annie's "professional" lets her down. Irma starts work at the shop.
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Bernard Butler - Gorden Kaye
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard
- Alan Howard's Salon
- First appearance of Ernest Bishop since 11th February 1970.
- TV Times synopsis: Ray faces Sandra - and Irma faces facts.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,250,000 homes (4th place).
Audrey Fleming: "It's like some sort of race isn't it? To see who gets married first. When I told the other kids in my class I was married, it was like I was some kind of film star for a few weeks."
Audrey Fleming: “They don't turn up the lights and play God Save the Queen after the ceremony. It's washing somebody's scratty underpants and staring at one another over the fireplace the night the telly breaks down. Realising your 'usband isn't Sean Connery after all when he backs down from a fight and seeing that look in 'is eyes when you've 'urt 'im. Cos 'e just doesn't realise that you're just as 'uman as 'e is.”
|May 1970 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th|