|ITV transmission date||13th May 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||11th May 1970|
|Next episode||18th May 1970|
Audrey gives the key to No. 3 to Minnie to give to Dickie in case he comes back. Ernie smarts over Annie's insult. Jack gets round him by saying that they will give a donation to a charity of his choice if he does play and he knows that Annie will be forced to ask eventually. The residents gather for the party in the Rovers Select and Annie makes Lucille display her presents properly. She is also finally forced to ask Ernie to play when the party lacks sparkle. Sandra lays on a romantic meal for Ray at No. 11. Minnie gets upset, remembering Martha Longhurst's death six years ago. Lucille, Len, Irma, Dave and Bernard find the party dull and slip away to have a private bash in the Salon with booze and girls laid on by Dave. Annie is furious at Lucille’s behaviour. Audrey slips away from the party and leaves the Street for Preston. Sandra uses the meal as the occasion to tell Ray that she's finished with him, knowing that he doesn’t love her. Lucille returns to the Rovers and makes a speech thanking Annie and Jack for they’ve done for her. Annie is touched. Irma agrees to a date with Dave with a dog racing track as the venue. Bernard isn't happy at the arrangement.
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Bernard Butler - Gorden Kaye
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and Select
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Builder's Yard
- Alan Howard's Salon
- Final appearance of Gillian McCann as Audrey Fleming.
- Last appearance of Ernest Bishop until 30th November 1970.
- A clip from this episode was shown on ITN's news bulletin on 30th June 1970 in tribute to Arthur Leslie who had died earlier that day.
- TV Times synopsis: Lucille celebrates her 21st birthday, but for the other residents in the street the party is over.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,500,000 homes (2nd place).
|May 1970 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th|