|ITV transmission date||15th November 1961 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Vince Powell|
|Previous episode||13th November 1961|
|Next episode||20th November 1961|
Ivan hears that there will be jobs going shortly at his friend's firm in Canada. He goes to the emigration offices and gets forms but Linda tears them up. Annie plans alterations for the Rovers. Ivan makes Linda realise that he won't do anything without her. She agrees to go to Canada but they don't tell Elsie. Dennis loses Rupert in the night. The monkey is discovered sitting in Ena's chair in the snug by Jack, doing over £4 worth of damage. Annie plans to knock the public and select into one, losing the snug.
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Mr. Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Last appearance of Doreen Lostock until 4th June 1962 due to the Equity actors' strike.
- TV Times synopsis: While Dennis discovers that his guest is missing, an intruder breaks into the Rovers. Linda and Ivan come to an important decision, but Dennis still has some damage to repair.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,146,000 homes (2nd place).
|November 1961 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|