Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th May 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||18th May 1970|
|Next episode||25th May 1970|
Betty starts to get nuisance phone calls. Stan gets nervous when Dave Smith makes complimentary comments about No 13. Dave gives Minnie caviar to give to Bobby. Irma meets Bet at the laundrette where she works to chat about the night before. She gets upset when she thinks Emily disapproves of her going out so soon after David’s death. Audrey sends Minnie a letter saying she’s never coming back and the house is being sold. Maggie looks after the key for Minnie as she’s nervous of the responsibility. Dave makes arrangements to take Irma out again. Stan tries to find out if Dave could throw them out of the house without notice. Emily advises a worried Hilda to ask Dave if his intentions are honourable. Keith Lucas comes into the Rovers and scares Betty into paying for his drinks. Emily later spots Betty doing this. Irma tells Stan that Dave is just a bit of fun. Len takes Maggie out to the pictures. Jack buys a bell to ring last orders on after years without one. Irma tells Hilda that Dave’s taking her to a church dance. Hilda wonders if she’s turning to religion. Cyril rings Betty to say his course is finishing early and he’s coming home. Lucas isn’t pleased.
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- TV Times synopsis: Betty faces a war of nerves and Hilda does battle with Dave Smith
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,650,000 homes (1st place).
|May 1970 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th|