|ITV transmission date||29th June 1970 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||24th June 1970|
|Next episode||1st July 1970|
Cyril gets treated at the Weatherfield Infirmary after the fight but he has no internal injuries. Betty blames herself for what's happened, saying she shouldn't have told Cyril what Lucas was doing. Albert tells Bernard to find out where he stands with Irma. The Ogdens prepare for tea. Irma worries that Stan will show her up. Dave Smith tells the Ogdens that he's taking them out for a meal instead. Susan Barlow has tummy ache and Val and Ena take her to the surgery but Doctor Crawford says it's nothing to worry about. Cyril tells Len not to cover up for him. Irma dashes Bernard's hopes for romance when he tells her he has a job near his mam's in Saddleworth and needs a reason to stay. Cyril is depressed that he could behave in such a way. Dave wines and dines the Ogdens at a restaurant/night club and Hilda gets drunk on champagne. Irma finds out that Dave holds the deeds to No. 13 and is upset. She demands to be taken home. Bernard leaves the Street without saying goodbye to anyone except Betty and no one notices his departure. Susan is in further pain with her tummy. Val worries as she tries to get her to sleep.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Bernard Butler - Gorden Kaye
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Peter Barlow - Christopher Dormer
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room, hallway and the twin's bedroom
- Doctor's surgery
- Restaurant/night club
- Final appearance of Gorden Kaye as Bernard Butler.
- Roy Barraclough makes a pre-Alec Gilroy appearance as Harry, a diner at the restaurant/night club.
- Stan Ogden does not appear in this episode, despite being a guest of Dave Smith's on his trip to the restaurant and is said to be getting ready upstairs or in the toilets of the establishment that Dave takes the Ogdens to.
- The nurse in Doctor Crawford's surgery is uncredited, despite having a line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Dinner for four - surprises for afters.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,550,000 homes (3rd place).
|June 1970 episodes|
|Wed 24th • Mon 29th|