|ITV transmission date||1st July 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||29th June 1970|
|Next episode||6th July 1970|
Val continues to stress over Susan but she stops Ken ringing for Doctor Crawford again. Hilda has a hangover after her night out. Ken demands that Val phones the doctor. She does so and leaves a message on his answerphone. Cyril is upset about the fact that he enjoyed beating Keith Lucas up. Len upsets Betty when he pokes fun at Cyril. Val makes up a bed for Susan in the living room. She gets through to Doctor Crawford who refuses to see Susan until tomorrow and thinks she is panicking. Hilda decides she and Stan are going to be teetotal from now onwards. Dave puts the Hilda off thoughts of him marrying Irma by telling her she and Stan would have to pay £500 for the sort of wedding reception he'd like. Ken gets angry that the doctor won't come out and insists that Val try again but she refuses. Len apologises to Betty. Ena thinks Susan has got appendicitis and tells Val to ring the doctor once more. Crawford dismisses the symptoms and refuses once more to come out. Cyril hands in his resignation and it is accepted. When Susan vomits badly, Ken calls in another doctor. Dave and Irma go out again. Doctor Owen calls and recognises acute appendicitis. He rushes Susan into hospital. He drives her there himself for an emergency operation.
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Peter Barlow - Christopher Dormer
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room, hallway, kitchen and the twins' bedroom
- Doctor Crawford's consulting room
- Granston Technical College - Corridor
- Hospital - Entrance and corridor
- Last appearance of Cyril Turpin until 14th February 1972.
- Two patients (one named Mr Preston) in Doctor Crawford's surgery and Sister Booth at the hospital are uncredited, despite all having lines of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Anxiety at the Barlows' and no doctor in the house.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,400,000 homes (1st place).
|July 1970 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|