Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||6th July 1970 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Script editor||Malcolm Lynch|
|Previous episode||1st July 1970|
|Next episode||8th July 1970|
Susan undergoes an operation while Hilda looks after Peter. Len tells Elsie she's turning hard and bitter. Alan returns to the Street from London. The Barlows are relieved when Susan's operation goes well. Sandra, Irma and Bet spend their Sunday at Alderley Edge for a laugh. Alan is horrified to find Elsie has let herself go. She accuses him of coming back thinking she'd jump at the chance to go out with him again.
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Peter Barlow - Christopher Dormer
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Susan Barlow - Wendy Jane Walker
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room
- Hospital - Waiting room and ward room
- Alderley Edge
- First appearance of Alan Howard since 4th March 1970.
- TV Times synopsis: A young life in the balance - and there's bitterness at the Barlows.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,650,000 homes (4th place).
|July 1970 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|