|ITV transmission date||15th July 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||13th July 1970|
|Next episode||20th July 1970|
Hilda tries desperately to find out is happening between Elsie and Alan. Elsie tells Val she can't stand being let down again. Val tells her she thinks she's wrong. Judd Johnson and Frank Bradley threaten to tell Emily that Ray set them up to nick the camera unless he goes in with them on one job - doing over an electrical shop on the corner of Mawdsley Street. They give him until dinnertime for an answer. Val refuses to tell Hilda about Alan and Elsie. Cyril gets a job as a clerk in a solicitor's office, with a flat as part of the job. Maggie is sorry that she's going to be on her own again. Emily tells Ray she's calling in the police if she doesn't get the camera back. Len suspects something is wrong. His hand forced, Ray agrees to help on the job if they give the camera back and Judd lets slip it's still in their possession. Elsie tries to contact Alan and finding out about her enquiries to trace him, he turns up unannounced at No. 11. Elsie tells him that she loves him. They are happily reconciled although the residents try to frustrate Hilda's attempts to find out what's happening. Irma and Bet talk about getting a flat together. Len tries to find out from Emily what is wrong with Ray. Betty tells Maggie she'll get used to being on her own. To stop the gossips, Elsie announces that she and Alan are back together again. The news depresses Len. Ray returns the camera to Emily and tells her that he's moving on.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard
- Tommy Boyle makes one of several pre-Phil Jennings appearances as Frank Bradley.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Elsie swallows her pride.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,950,000 homes (1st place).
|July 1970 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|