Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th November 1961 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Vince Powell|
|Previous episode||15th November 1961|
|Next episode||22nd November 1961|
Rupert bites Elsie and is returned to Lenny Phillips. With Doreen ill, Concepta helps out behind the bar. With the shop losing money, Swindley starts a credit scheme. Dennis offers to pay for the damages but Jack claims on the insurance. Ken tells Esther he has given up his job at Amalgamated Steel. He asks the Walkers for a temporary job but they don't think he'll fit in. Emily's stock of see-through nighties proves popular. Jack tells Frank that they can't employ Ken, thereby revealing to him that his son is jobless.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mr. Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- TV Times synopsis: Mr. Swindley has great ideas for Swindley's Draperies, and Miss Nugent has prospects ahead. Down the Street Kenneth Barlow comes to another big decision, and in the Rover's Return Jack Walker lets out a secret by mistake.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,263,000 homes (3rd place).
|November 1961 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|