|ITV transmission date||29th July 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||27th July 1970|
|Next episode||3rd August 1970|
Emily recognises the baby as the missing one, Anthony Lock. Minnie feels tied down by Ena when she'd rather be with Handel. Annie returns from Derby and finds it hard to adjust to having to run the Rovers on her own. Ray helps her with the cellar and the empties and Ena tells her that hard work has occupied her time since Alfred died in 1937. Irma is confused and thinks the baby is Darren. She lets Bet return the baby. Handel takes Minnie out to a tea shop but she worries that Ena'll be jealous. Handel arranges a blind date for Ena.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- TV Times synopsis: In which Ray turns private investigator.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,100,000 homes (4th place).
|July 1970 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|