Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||10th August 1970 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||5th August 1970|
|Next episode||12th August 1970|
Ken asks Ray to put up some shelves for him. Elsie also asks for many changes she wants to their new house in Bramhall but is annoyed at sly remarks he makes about expecting payment from Alan. Minnie gets annoyed when Ena cancels a lunch appointment with her. Irma refuses to give Hilda credit at the Corner Shop and she storms out, insulted. Alan puts in an order at the shop and asks for it to be put on his account. Maggie is reluctant. The bank rings Ray to say that Alan's cheque has bounced. Ena gives Tony lessons in the Mission at lunchtime. Piggott makes enquiries through Emily if Annie will be letting the tenancy of the Rovers go. Ray tells Piggott that Alan’s cheque has bounced. Sandra tells a shocked Elsie that she's looking forward to moving to Bramhall.Annie puts up for the licence of the Rovers. Annie refuses Stan tick but agrees to give him a pint if he carries crates up from the cellar. Ena asks Ken to meet Tony for advice on helping him. Piggott makes enquiries from Maggie as to how much he spends at the shop but gets nowhere. Ena shows Ken Tony’s talent but he suddenly runs out of the Mission, saying that his mum won’t let him continue. Annie serves Alan off-licence drinks on his account. Piggott tries to interest Alan in a crooked deal on some lorries on the condition that he's paid in cash but Alan refuses. He lets slip that the auditors are in. Ray warns Elsie that the wolves are gathering round Alan.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Fairclough and Langton - Yard and office
- Victoria Street Mission - Main hall
- In an unusual move for the period, scenes inside the back room of 11 Coronation Street show all four walls with the scenery being adjusted between takes.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Ena makes plans for young Tony Parsons.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,700,000 homes (2nd place).
|August 1970 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|