Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th August 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||10th August 1970|
|Next episode||17th August 1970|
Elsie asks Alan if he has money troubles but he denies it and tells her to keep buying things for their new house. Willie Piggott tells Len that Alan settled one of his debts by giving his creditor his car. He wants Len and the other creditors to gang up on Alan and bankrupt him. Annie finds out that Alan has cash-flow problems. Ken tells Ena he knows a music teacher named Mr Telford at a college in Manchester but he warns her against meddling in Tony's life. Alan owes an annoyed Annie £30 for drinks. She tells Irma about Alan's debts who says he also owes the Corner Shop for several weeks' bills. Len tells Alan about the bounced cheque and that his creditors are growing impatient. Ena sets out for the college, not telling Tony where she's going. At the college she waits to see Mr Telford. Elsie is short with Sandra and tells Maggie that she thinks Alan isn't being honest with her. Piggott gets Sid Lambert, Joe Makinson and Ray together to discuss Alan in the Select. They invite Annie to join them and give Len the task of fetching him for the meeting. Elsie is furious with him when he calls round. Alan turns up in the Rovers and hears about the meeting which Irma has also joined. Emily is disgusted at what she thinks is a kangeroo court. Alan confronts his creditors. They tell him he's got seven days to settle or they will sue him. Alan tells him he'll contact his accountant in the morning and they'll all be paid in twenty-four hours. Ena tells Tony she's arranged for him to see a music teacher at the college. Alan admits to Elsie that he doesn't know if he can pay anyone what he owes them.
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix (Credited as "Elsie Tanner")
- Sandra Butler - Patricia Fuller
- Alan Howard - Alan Browning
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Willie Piggott - George A. Cooper
- Tony Parsons - David Hill
- Sid Lambert - Graham Rigby
- Joe Makinson - Brian Rawlinson
- Janitor - George Malpas
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and Select
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Camera Shop Flat - Living room/kitchen
- Music college - Entrance hall
- TV Times synopsis: Alan gets an ultimatum.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,500,000 homes (4th place).
|August 1970 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|