Jason Furnival appeared on Coronation Street in five roles:
- Det. Sgt. Trotter, who appeared intermittently between January and October 1999
- Private Detective Andrew Hoskins in October and November 2001
- DS Woodhead in September 2002
- Manager of the Rampsbeck Hotel in the Lake District in January 2008
- Mark Kenworthy, who appeared between February and March 2010. A Lake Windermere holiday cottage owner, who jointly with wife Jane, submitted a statement to police officers upon learning of Joe McIntyre's death.
His extensive CV includes credits in Undercover Customs, Emmerdale, Noah's Ark, City Central, Extremely Dangerous, North Square, A & E, At Home With the Braithwaites, Linda Green, Phoenix Nights, Cracker, Waterloo Road, Boy Meets Girl, Shameless, Heartbeat, Candy Cabs, Hollyoaks, Downton Abbey and Scott & Bailey, while on stage he has appeared in productions including A Midsummer Night's Dream, Emilia Galotti, King Lear, Macbeth, A Kick in the Baubles, The Tempest, Wind in the Willows and War Horse.