Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Joel David was born in 1948 of a family originally from Liverpool and who settled in the Pennine village of Belthorn to escape the bombs of the Second World War. He started his showbusiness career as a musician and then graduated to songwriting but found himself the victim of unethical contracts which meant that he saw no money from his endeavors. He then became a comedian on the club circuit but moved back to singing and playing the club circuit and other venues which he continues to do to this day.
Joel has appeared on Coronation Street on seven confirmed occasions:
- A Taxi Driver who bought Eunice Gee back to Coronation Street to collect her belongings in December 1981.
- A voice-over for a Trucker on Eddie Yeats's CB radio in February 1982.
- A Taxi Driver who carried Vera Duckworth back to the Street from a visit to the RSPCA in June 1982.
- A Delivery Man who bought a single red rose to Gloria Todd in March 1986.
- A third Taxi Driver who came to the assistance of Brian Tilsley after he had been fatally stabbed in February 1989.
- A fourth Taxi Driver who had an argument with Denise Osbourne in December 1993
- Eric Warburton, a (bad) singer at a Rovers talent contest in July 1996.
The actor's website (see below) also lists three other appearances which have not been confirmed:
- An ambulance man who bought Bert Tilsley home in an episode supposedly transmitted on 2nd August 1983 however no episode was shown on that date and actor Peter Dudley had made his final appearance as Bert the month before.
- A bailiff in June 1991.
- A taxi fare in August 2004.