Katherine Dow Blyton (born in Jarrow, Tyne and Wear) played five parts in Coronation Street:
- Nicola Owens, ex-girlfriend of Terry Duckworth in July 1996.
- Dr Groves in November 1998.
- Another unnamed Doctor in December 1999.
- Liz Morrisey, buildings manager for the Rosamund Street Medical Centre in February 2001.
- Immigration officer Niamh McQuillan in April 2007.
She has appeared in many other television series such as Cracker, Where the Heart is and Brassed Off but remains best known for her regular role as Sally Hunter in Hollyoaks, a part she played between 2001 and 2005. When not acting, she works with adults with learning difficulties.