|Residence||Rio de Janeiro|
|First appearance||20th February 2009|
|Last appearance||19th October 2009|
|Number of appearances||78|
|Played by||Craig Kelly|
Luke Strong was a childhood friend of Carla Connor and ran her factory Underworld during the course of 2009 while she was staying in Los Angeles. He had a relationship with Michelle Connor and Rosie Webster during his time staying in Weatherfield. When Carla decided to return to the area, Luke stole £190,000 from Rosie before leaving for Rio de Janeiro.
Luke had met Carla when at secondary school and they had a romance. He was also friends with Carla's boyfriend and later husband Paul Connor. When Paul and Carla married, Luke lost contact with her and went on to run his own business.
After Carla left husband Tony Gordon to move to Los Angeles, she got in contact with Luke to get him to look after her shares at Underworld. He turned up on Coronation Street in February 2009, shocking Tony by revealing he was now the boss. Tony was angry when Luke didn't mention where Carla was, as she only contacted him to help run the business and nothing more. He makes friends with Tom Kerrigan and Maria Connor, after hearing about the death of Liam Connor, Tom's cousin and Maria's husband, who unknown to them at the time, was actually killed by Tony. He expressed interest in buying their shares of Lad Rags, but they turned it down, saying they need more time to think.
Luke was interested in Maria's sister in-law Michelle and they began dating but she left the area to go on tour with a band for a few months. Luke turned his attention to Underworld PA Rosie Webster, who had received £150,000 compensation from John Stape for his kidnap of her. Michelle returned after being away a couple of months; he had dumped Rosie and went back to Michelle. He later slept with Rosie and gave in to her charms, but was tricked when she phoned Michelle and invited her round to Luke's flat. An angry Michelle swiftly dumped him.
In October, Carla phoned to say she was returning, after finding out Maria was engaged to Tony. Deciding to leave, Luke first turned to Rosie and her money and tricked her into thinking he would sell the shares of Underworld to her. She transferred £90,000 given to her by John Stape into his account. Luke made a getaway and left the Street to go to Rio de Janeiro. By the time Rosie realised his deceit, it was too late to stop the transfer and Luke was long gone.
- In March 2009, Luke and Tony Gordon rescued Simon Barlow and his father Peter from inside a burning 9a Rosamund Street when a drunken Peter dropped a lit cigarette, setting fire to the carpet. He also rescued Simon's pet rabbit, Leanne.
- News of the character's arrival first surfaced in November 2008 and it was revealed he was a new factory boss to replace Carla Gordon in order to accompany the actress Alison King's maternity leave from the programme. No auditions were held for the part, instead Craig Kelly was offered the role by the producers. Luke Strong made his on-screen debut on 20th February 2009, two weeks after the temporary departure of Carla. At the time of his arrival fans were left with the wrong impression that Luke was Carla's then-unseen brother "Darren", although this didn't turn out to be the case. Carla's brother would debut three years later in the form of Rob Donovan (played by Marc Baylis).
- In June 2009 it was reported that Kelly had quit the role, which came only four months after the character's debut. Luke left the show four months later on 19th October 2009, the same episode which saw Carla's return, although the pair didn't share any scenes together.
First and last linesEdit
"I just found a penny on the floor; it's good luck innit?" (Final line)
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/news/a136940/corrie-producers-cast-new-factory-boss/
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/interviews/a146105/craig-kelly-luke-strong-corrie/
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/news/a150178/poll-is-luke-the-secret-brother-of-carla/#~oV1WkzGbM3d9QH
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/news/a160755/craig-kelly-quits-coronation-street/