Nick's Bistro (formerly Just Nick's, The Joinery and Turners Joinery) is a bar situated within an arch of the viaduct in Viaduct Street.
History and events
In 1997, Episode 4278 (8th October 1997), after kidnapping Mike Baldwin, Don Brennan intended to kill him. As Mike escaped and hobbled across the cobbles, Don sped his Jaguar up the street attempting to run down Mike, but missed and smashed into the Viaduct wall, causing the car to explode killing Don.
In 2004, Episode 5899 (24th November 2004), after her reign of terror, Maya Sharma (Mad Maya) had kidnapped Sunita Alahan and Dev Alahan and trapped the pair in the Corner Shop. She set it alight but the pair escaped just in time before the shop exploded over the Street knocking it's residents to their feet. When Maya saw Sunita being rescued by Charlie Stubbs, she sped up the Street but missed and crashed into the empty Turners Joinery. Residents watched on in horror as Maya hadn't in fact died as she rise her head. Seconds later a lorry crashed into the rear of her car, hospitalising her.
In late 2010, Episode 7484 (6th December 2010) - Episode 7488 (10th December 2010) to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Coronation Street, a week of episodes showed an unexpected gas leak at newly opened bar The Joinery caused the bar to explode. The explosion destroyed the overhead Viaduct which caused a passing Tram to crash through the Viaduct and smash into the Corner Shop trapping Sunita Alahan, Molly Dobbs her three month old baby Jack. The rear end of the tram swung around and crushed The Kabin trapping Rita Sullivan. As a result of the incident, the following people lost their lives:
- unnamed Taxi Driver.
- Charlotte Hoyle (died when her life support machine switched off following a vicious attack by John Stape)
The Joinery went under renovations and was re-opened in early 2011 and went under the name of Nick's Bistro.
In 2014 during his war with estranged wife Leanne Tilsley, Nick changed the name of the bar to "Just Nick's". Later that year, due to a lack of staff, Steph Britton employed Andy Carver and told Nick Tilsley that if he got fired, she'd leave in protest. Nick later asked Leanne if she would return to work at the bistro, which she agreed on the conditions that she could be manageress, the premises would be refurbished and the name was reverted back to its original title.
In January 2016, Jamie Bowman and his mate Lee robbed the bistro at night. They also intended to frighten waitress, Steph Britton, who Jamie believed had sent her brother Luke and boyfriend Andy Carver after him to get him fired from his job. They believed that Steph was in the premises but once they entered the bistro they encountered Carla Connor, not Steph. They attempted to rob the till but due to a power cut the business had been closed since noon and there was no money. Instead they swiped Carla's handbag and ran outside to their car. Carla sprinted after them and tried to get her handbag off them, but Jamie started up the car and then drove off as she was attacking Lee. Carla was then pushed out of the moving vehicle, badly injuring her. Pat Phelan attempted to stop the robbers by standing in front of the car, but upon realising that he was putting himself in danger, Kevin Webster pushed him aside.
- Nick Tilsley (2010-2016, 2016-) Owner, Co-Owner, Waiter
- Leanne Tilsley/Battersby (2010-2014, 2014-2016, 2016-) Owner, Co-Owner, Manageress, Waitress
- Gail Rodwell (2011- ) Waitress, Cleaner
- Robert Preston (2015-) Chef, Co-Owner, Owner
- Zeedan Nazir (2015-) Chef
- Kate Connor (2017) Waitress
- Cheryl Gray (2010-2011) Waitress, Bar Manager
- Ciaran McCarthy (2011) Chef
- Eva Price (2011) Waitress, Bar Manager
- Kylie Platt (2012-2013) Waitress
- Gloria Price (2012) Waitress
- Sean Tully (2012) Chef
- Lewis Archer (2012-2013) Waiter, Barman
- Stella Price (2013-2014) Waitress, Cleaner
- David Platt (2014) Waiter
- Mary Taylor (Cover) Waitress
- Steph Britton (2013-2017) Waitress, Supervisor
- Andy Carver (2014-2017) Waiter, Barman
- Nancy Briers (2017) Waitress