Pauline Jefferson appeared on Coronation Street in five roles:
- A Woman who spoke to Deirdre Langton after daughter Tracy had gone missing following the Rovers' lorry crash in March 1979
- The Landlady at 6 Chepstow Road where Ken Barlow moved into digs during May 1990
- Dorothy Cudlip, a viewer of 3 Coronation Street in July 1991 when Emily Bishop put the house on the market
- Weatherfield Gazette romance serial writer Hermione Fairfax in August 2002.
- Salon customer Mrs Kitchen in April 2017.
Her other credits include roles in City 68', Crown Court, Children's Ward, Cold Feet, Emmerdale, Where the Heart Is, Hollyoaks, DCI Banks, Secrets and Words, Give Out Girls and Happy Valley. On stage she has appeared in productions of Box and Cox, The Bells, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall and Billy Liar.