Richard Cole appeared in five roles in Coronation Street:
- A Debt Collector pursuing Marie Ramsden in December 1990.
- Mal Price who picked up Tricia Armstrong in a nightclub in February 1996.
- Mr Downing who bought smuggled goods off Steve McDonald in September 1999.
- Inspector Pearce who investigated Ryan Sykes's vendetta against Mike Baldwin in November 2001
- An unnamed Solicitor who represented David Platt when he was accused of deliberately running down Graeme Proctor in October 2010.
He also appeared in The Royal, Cold Feet, Casualty, Silent Witness, Cold Feet, The Bill, Heartbeat, All Creatures Great and Small and The Royal Today.
He was also a member of the 'Five Card Trick' theatre group who wrote bespoke material for corporate entertainment between 1986 and 1987 and is also a drama and English teacher in a special needs school in North Yorkshire.