Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Pardon the Expression|
|ITV broadcast date||30th June 1965 (Wednesday)|
|Previous episode||The Mannequin Parade|
|Next episode||The Wedding|
Ernest Parbold forces Leonard Swindley to buy two spare tickets to his annual golf club dinner dance at eight guineas each. Swindley is then left with the difficult choice of who to take as his partner - Miss Sinclair or Mrs Edgeley. Under the mistaken impression that Mr Edgeley would not be pleased that his wife was being taken out by another man, he asks Miss Sinclair but when he sees how hurt the canteen manageress is he buys a third ticket and escorts both ladies to the evening.
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Ernest Parbold - Paul Dawkins
- Miss Sinclair - Joy Stewart
- Mrs Edgeley - Betty Driver
- This episode was transmitted at 9.10pm on 30th June by Grampian Television and on Thursday 1st July at 7.00pm by both Scottish Television and Border Television. Along with the rest of the series, the episode was not transmitted by Westward Television, Channel Television or the Teledu Cymru service of Television Wales and the West.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,150,000 homes (12th place).