|Pardon the Expression|
|ITV broadcast date||21st July 1965 (Wednesday)|
|Previous episode||The Pensioner|
|Next episode||The Birthday Present|
Mr Swindley takes over as manager of Dobson and Hawks when Mr Parbold disappears for a day's fishing. It isn't long before Swindley finds himself up to his neck in trouble once more when Mr Granger, the keen-eyed Area Manager, unexpectedly arrives on the scene. Mr Swindley makes desperate attempts to contact the missing Parbold. Tracking him down to the Coach and Horses pub where his bus stops on the way to his fishing, Parbold hurries back in a taxi - only to find that Granger has moved on to another store, put off by the prospect of eating Mrs Edgeley's neck of mutton stew with side salad for lunch. Parbold leaves once more to resume his fishing, only for the news to reach Swindley that Granger is also on his way back having forgotten his briefcase. Panic breaks out once again...
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Ernest Parbold - Paul Dawkins
- Miss Sinclair - Joy Stewart
- Mrs Edgeley - Betty Driver
- Shirley Dickson - Judith Barker
- Hilda Norton - Helen Fraser
- Woman customer - Nellie Hanham
- Mr Granger - Reginald Marsh
- Jim - Jimmy Gay
- Charlie - Unknown
- This longer than average episode featured no cast or production credits.
- This episode was transmitted at 9.10pm on 21st July by Grampian Television and on Thursday 22nd July at 7.00pm by both Scottish Television and Border Television. Along with the rest of the series, the episode was not transmitted by Westward Television, Channel Television or the Teledu Cymru service of Television Wales and the West.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,290,000 homes (14th place).